29 December 2014

1914 and its Personal Consequences, Remembered

World War I has left a strong legacy in my family history, and that of my husband.  As the end of 2014 draws near, have you been thinking about your ancestors and what they were doing, and where were they living, at the beginning of 1914?  Where were they and what were they doing at the end of that year?

What can the first 20 years of the 20th century tell us about humanity, and about life on this planet today? What were your family members doing during the First World War? What happened to them?  Did some of them not survive the influenza pandemic afterwards?

The BBC has some useful information for anyone researching their own family relationship to one of the most difficult times in history, one hundred years before the present.

Here are a few of my own earlier blog posts mentioning events before, during and after the First World War.  I hope you will be able to provide some useful information for me on one or more of them, and on this one, of course.

Finding great grandparents

No comments:

Post a Comment

I especially appreciate historical insights.