07 November 2010

At the Seaside - Part Three

Not far from where I live, there is a hill looking over the sea. I love to go there to see the vast horizon. Somehow, the experience is often very peaceful, even though hills can be cold and windy places.


As a warm weather person, time in frost and snow, or even in cold water further than my ankles, does not appeal to me. I like sunshine, not shivering. Perhaps you do, too.

It is not usually humid where I live. The air is especially dry in summer. Standing on a hill, overlooking the ocean, could have been the nearest my ancestors may have been to flying. Some of them may have thought about relatives far away, over the ocean. How small would they have felt? How big would the world have seemed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I especially appreciate historical insights.