07 May 2010

Treasure Troves

There are many treasures that have far more worth to me than their monetary value may imply. On a philosophical level, I often explore this topic when writing my Quieter Living blog.


On Ancestors Within today, I thought I'd provide a couple of links to online treasure troves that are part of my non-monetary wealth:

Trove - a wonderful online historical resource from the National Library of Australia

The Staffordshire Hoard - part of my Mercian heritage

For those of you who have read my previous blog post, you may be wondering how my family's new treasured relationships are developing. My mother was very nervous about meeting her cousins for the first time last Monday and she is overjoyed at finding out how lovely they are. They, and I, will have many years of catching up to do as we piece together our re-discovered history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I especially appreciate historical insights.